The Coalition of Old School Gamers Official Site
Welcome! Sign In Or Else!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome! Sign In Or Else!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In Real Life

+14
Gintman_12
SuperleggeraX
corpix
fryedfish1
ibgrumpy
aVeryBadReligion
RESQ2driver
jamie-n-scottyG
luckyenglish
beefynachos
aero60
x_IHIostile_x
MattDaddy7
SwamiGodd
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

In Real Life Empty In Real Life

Post  SwamiGodd Tue 27 Apr - 13:15:47

I'm posting this in here because it seems to be the most personal area in the forum. I made it to simply let everyone know a little bit more about myself, and I would like everyone else to post too.

I just like to know more about the people killing me in video games.

Anyway, I am a Computer Technician for the local school district, which gives me ample to be online. Usually.

I am also the father of 2 little boys. My eldest, who is 4, beat his first video game (Go! Diego Go! Dinosaur Adventure) last year. My youngest, who is 2, thinks that the video game controller is a perfect weapon.

My wife is a very patient, wonderful woman. She allows me to pour large amount of money in a pasttime that I sincerely love.

All of that being said, I'm a bit of a nerd. I'm also into tabletop games as well.

Anyway, I'm usually online sometime between 5 pm and 10 pm Central time on Monday - Friday, and anytime all day most weekends. And since I see that so many people here are into MW2, I plan to pick a copy up, just so that I can play.
SwamiGodd
SwamiGodd
Colonel
Colonel

"Kudo's"?? LOL! : 3

Information
PSNid: SwamiGodd

Back to top Go down

In Real Life Empty Re: In Real Life

Post  MattDaddy7 Wed 5 May - 14:30:51

Hey Swami, great idea for a topic and it's nice to meet you. I've been meaning to reply, but just forgot.

Obviously I'm Matt. I'm a lifetime resident of southern california (I have the lungs to prove it). Happily married to my high school sweetheart, who I met in 4th grade, for nearly 9 years now. And I have two little boys that just won't stop growing for a second. Jeremiah's 7 and David's 6, born 356 days apart. (You can see our pic in the gallery.)

I have been a Christian for more than 10 years, which is the most defining part of my life.

Like most of you, I grew up playing video games. Starting with atari and nintendo (I remember blowing into those games in order to make them work. I had SNES, Genesis, Dreamcast, and Gamecube before getting PS3. Lately I've mostly played sports and racing games, and MW2 was my first introduction to FPS and now I'm hooked.

For work, I work for the courthouse here in the HR department, specifically doing payroll. No I can't get you out of jury duty. I can't even get myself out of jury duty.

I've been having a great time playing with The COG and look forward to many more late night/ early morning hours playing MW2 with you guys and hearing more about you.

Take care.

MattDaddy7
Colonel
Colonel

"Kudo's"?? LOL! : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  SwamiGodd Wed 5 May - 16:02:42

Nice to meet you, Matt. The name is Ross, by the way.
SwamiGodd
SwamiGodd
Colonel
Colonel

Information

Back to top Go down

Post  x_IHIostile_x Wed 5 May - 16:06:17

Name is Daniel, or Dan. Just dont call me an asshole and Im a happy camper. lol! Home on parental leave for a cpl more months, then back to work I go. Love my wife, love my kids. love my games. lol! I would love my wife more if she would play some of the vids w me, and not laugh when I get pissed at the marathoners! lol!

Anyways see you out there on the field boys!
x_IHIostile_x
x_IHIostile_x
Commander
Commander

"Kudo's"?? LOL! : 2

https://thecog.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  aero60 Wed 5 May - 17:18:16

Hello, guys,,,it's nice to know you guys more.

Matt, I thought 'Matt' is your son's name and you are the Daddy...lol.

Well, my name is Dooyong, obviously I'm not an American, actually I'm Korean (South to be precisely). Some people might noticed that my writing (in English) was little bit strange and had tons of typos...lol...plz be patient with that...
And don't ask whether I eat Dog or not......actually I don't eat....for now.......tongue

I came to the State when I was 28 to finish my study. After school, I got a job here in Silicon Valley. I am an Aerospace Engineer (my id is coming from this).
I have wonderful wife who doesn't like video gaming at all. lol,
and have lovely 3 children (2 girls and 1 boy) so far.... Very Happy

When I was kid I never had chance to own any kind of the game consoles. Mostly I played all the arcade games like space invader, gun smoking, galaga, etc.
My first game console was original XBOX about 4 years ago. Yay, I was so excited at that time. However I couldn't play online game cause the console didn't have it.
So I kept saying my wife to buy a new one, after 1 years of begging, I finally got my PS3. lol!!!!

Anyway...good to know you guys...and let's have fun together!!!!
pig
aero60
aero60
Colonel
Colonel

"Kudo's"?? LOL! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post  beefynachos Wed 5 May - 18:00:04

Hi Ross hi Dan hi Matt hi Dooyong. Don't expect me to remember your real names. (Except for Matt of course. Wink) My name's David, but in game you can just call me Beefy or Nacho. Smile
I'm a restaurant manager Monday-Friday. I have a 9 1/2 yr old son that hangs out with me every other weekend and some holidays. Yeah I'm divorced. Married her 2 months after meeting her. Too soon? LOL. It lasted 2 whole years. Ahh memories. So yeah I have alot of freetime. If I'm not gaming I'm probably watching a movie or tv show. I also have an xbox 360 and a wii. However the 360 died again recently. Last year I took it apart and fixed it myself. (RROD) I was 4th prestige on MW2 for xbox lol.
I'm kind of a techie, good with figuring stuff out etc. Thanks for reading all that! See ya on the battlefield.
beefynachos
beefynachos
LT.
LT.

"Kudo's"?? LOL! : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  luckyenglish Wed 5 May - 18:25:21

Hey Guys... great idea!

I'm Richard (or Rich or Rick). I've been married for 9 years and we've been together for 13 years. We have a son who is now 3 1/2 years old. I've learned that balancing family and career is a bit of a circus act at times... but I'm finding my way. As far as career goes, I'm in Risk Management (help corporations address risks in their business) and my wife stays at home to look after our son (previously she was in genetics).

I started as a (very) casual gamer growing up, having had the Coleco (sp?) vision and then Atari. But have since started obsessing over my PS3 and the COD franchise!

Looking forward to more gaming with you guys!

Last edited by luckyenglish on Thu 6 May - 10:17:26; edited 1 time in total

luckyenglish
Colonel
Colonel

"Kudo's"?? LOL! : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  jamie-n-scottyG Wed 5 May - 19:33:42

Hey guys!! Nice to meet all of you!!

My name is Scott. But you can call me Scott or Scotty. I don't mind the "beam me up's", been hearing those forever Very Happy . Jamie(A-7-X_chicK) is my wife, we've been married for 6 years, been together for almost 10 years. We have 3 children(2 girls, 1 boy). Avery is 5, Isabella is 3, and Noah will be 2 in August.(I have pics in the gallery)

As for a career, I am a glazier by trade. I install commercial windows, doors, store fronts...well, until I was laid-off in August of '09. No biggie! I am definately enjoying the extra time with the kids. I'm looking into going back to school this fall. Maybe video games...who knows...lol!

I got my start in gaming on the old wooden trimmed Atari 2600. I've had NES, N64, Genesis, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, XBOX, XBOX 360. No more 360s for me. We went through three 360s in less than a year due to RRoD. Currently on our 2nd PS3. The first was the 60g fatty. Now we have the slim 250g.

I have 2 other main hobbies besides gaming. They both are in music. I've been a music lover my whole life. Picked up the guitar at 12 years old and never looked back. I've been in a few semi-serious cover bands. Currently working on getting another one together with a few good friends of mine.

Looking to forward to more fun nights of gaming with you all. See you guys out there!! Twisted Evil

Last edited by jamie-n-scottyG on Sat 15 May - 13:22:30; edited 2 times in total
jamie-n-scottyG
jamie-n-scottyG
Colonel
Colonel

"Kudo's"?? LOL! : 17

Information
PSNid: jamie-n-scottyG/COG_ScottyG

Back to top Go down

Post  RESQ2driver Thu 6 May - 8:52:34

I'm Bill, I've been married to my second wife Michelle for 6 years now, she was actually my high school sweetheart. We have three daughters between the two of us ( two from my first marriage, one from hers). So the answer is "YES", I am a little suicidal at times with a house full of women. LOL.

I've been a firefighter for Salt Lake City fire dept for the last 12 years, I am an engineer-which means I get paid to drive the big red truck. Getting ready to test for captain in a couple of months. My schedule allows me to play alot, especially during the winter when it's too cold to go outside. I work a 48-96 schedule (two days on four off). So on my my four days off, the wife is working and the kids are in school, I have the freedom to play at will. Not so much during the summer when we do alot of outdoor activities as a family. We do alot of camping and we take the four wheelers out weekly.

I got my gaming start on the Atari 2600 and from there, I just naturally progressed with whatever system could feed my insatiable hunger to play games. We have a 360, which I don't play alot anymore, but I keep it for the x-box exclusive titles that come out like Gears of War etc. and we also have a Wii for the kids. I bought my PS3 for the Blu-Ray ( at least that's how I convinced my wife ) Smile And Ive been hooked ever since.

Sorry for rambling on. Good to meet you guys! see ya out there!
RESQ2driver
RESQ2driver
Rookie
Rookie

Information
PSNid: Tell us your PSNid

Back to top Go down

Post  SwamiGodd Thu 6 May - 9:20:56

Great to meet you! The Wii for the kids worked on my wife. We play the retro titles more than they have played anything. And I used, "We'll get games for you, too!" when we got the first PS3. Now she beats me in Scrabble at least once a week.
SwamiGodd
SwamiGodd
Colonel
Colonel

Information

Back to top Go down

Post  aVeryBadReligion Sat 8 May - 15:43:44

I'm Chris, I'm Cambodian, but I was born and raised in the United States (Minneapolis area, Minnesota) I'm very American as my relatives would like to say. Been playing a little NES back when I was little. My first console was a SNES. Been playing Street Fighter since I was a little tot.

I'm an audio engieering student. Almost done with that. I work at a sandwich shop at the moment. I'm also looking for ms. right I guess.
aVeryBadReligion
aVeryBadReligion

https://www.facebook.com/theCRZA

Back to top Go down

Post  x_IHIostile_x Sat 8 May - 18:50:50

I was a Glazier for 2 years Scott. Got laid off as well, this was sometime ago. Just did a pre-apprenticeship, as I knew it wasnt going to be a lifelong career. I am starting school (again) in September, to become a paramedic, until then I am back to mwork in a cpl months, driving the ol' reachtruck, then its down to part time while I do my studies. Going to be a busy schedule!
x_IHIostile_x
x_IHIostile_x
Commander
Commander

"Kudo's"?? LOL! : 2

https://thecog.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  ibgrumpy Mon 10 May - 16:43:34

WOW another thread I just happened upon! LOL.

HELLO ALL bounce

My name is Rich, in real live I'm a project manager for a civil engineering firm. I will never call myself an engineer (although I accomplish all of the tasks) as I do not have a degree in it. I learned it old school.

I've been married to my wife for almost 16 years. We have two beautiful children Cassidy (13) Dylan (12).

I started out with Pong, the Easter bunny brought me an Atari wood grain and during highschool I was so busy I dropped video games. My son got me started a couple of years back saying he wanted me to watch. Well, watching is boring as you know what! LOL. We now have 2 PS3's an xbox 360 (selling it!) and a WII (awesome family fun!)

We hunt fish love to ride in my 86 cj7 and just like to enjoy life. I'm pretty much as simple as they come. Have a great day! cyclops
ibgrumpy
ibgrumpy
LT.
LT.

"Kudo's"?? LOL! : 8

Back to top Go down

Post  fryedfish1 Wed 12 May - 11:43:20

Hey guys...good idea. My name is Gene I go by fryedfish1 or fryedfish01 for online gamming...but you can call me fish (Yes I know it is spelled FRIED). How I came up with this name is kind of a long story...if you really want to know I can tell ya sometime when we are online...just ask. I have been gamming since Pong came out, moved on to the Atari the day it came out. I played PC online gaming as soon as that came out too.

I have been married for 14 years (We meet on the internet back in the early 90's). She came for a visit for 2 weeks and bam...next thing you know I was saying I DO. My wife is a wonderful woman from the UK and we have 3 children (2 boys and 1 girl...the 1st boy was from a previous relationship). My oldest boy is 19, my middle boy is 12, and my baby girl is 8. The 19 year old is out of the house now so we only have to run after 2 of them. Zack, my 12 year old plays select baseball (pretty much year round) and football in Jr. High. I spend a lot of time (and money) with his baseball as I am one of the coaches...which explains why I am on at various times. Zack plays MW2 also...you will see him running with me a bunch...he is tough012. My daughter play soccer and I get to as many of those games as I can as my wife does most of the running around with her. We live in Texas...the Dallas area to be exact.

I am a Finance Manager so don't call me a bean counter. I tell you what you can do with you money and look trends in money...I don't count it...lol. I got my degrees latter in life and it was very difficult going to school full time, working full time, and having a family. So tell your kids to get there education out of the way BEFORE they have a family! I have an MBA with a Finance concentration. My undergrad degree is in MIS (A techie degree). I got my MIS degree right about the time the job market bottomed out for any IT job. So I went ahead and got my MBA.

Anyway that's enough about me...I could write a book about my life and I really don't want to put everyone to sleep. Too late huh...lol. If you wanna know more...just ask. See ya out there!

fryedfish1

"Kudo's"?? LOL! : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  corpix Thu 13 May - 23:36:17

My name is Ryan. I live in Ontario Canada. I'm not married and I have no kids. I'm 26 and still trying to figure out where to go with this life. Haven't had much progress in awhile because I had some bad habits I needed to do away with.

I'm currently unemployed. I was working with my dad in another city and he was my ride, now he's off due to an injury. So I'm looking everywhere in this town for something and I'm having no luck!

My passion is music. I've been a DJ (not professionally) for about 8 years. I spin drum & bass, dubstep and house. I also do some production here and there.

I started playing video games on my dads Coleco Vison. After that the progression went NES, Sega Genesis, N64, PS1, PS2, PS3. After PS2 I was pretty much out of games and doing other things. Started playing COD4 at my buddies house and next thing I knew I was right back into them again. Goldeneye for the N64 was my all time favorite game and the COD series is similar to me, hence the reason I enjoy it so much.
corpix
corpix
Rookie
Rookie

"Kudo's"?? LOL! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperleggeraX Fri 14 May - 8:01:25

Great to meet everyone. Ryan, my best advise is to try to follow your passion. Good luck!

My name is Ron, married for 17 years, two daughters 14 and 16, live in Florida, I'm a CFP and partner in Financial Planning firm. It's hard to believe but I've been in this profession for 25 years now; I'm 47. My video game experience is very limited and started with Halo a few years ago for about month around the holidays. After that I have not played anything until this past Christmas when a couple friends convinced me to get a PS3 and MW2. I've been hooked since. Very Happy I also do some high speed track events with my car.

My play style tends to be very aggressive and I get killed quite often. I don't care about KDR and just want to help the team win. I'm usually the fool trying to capture the B flag out in the open alone and getting massacred in the process. Laughing
SuperleggeraX
SuperleggeraX
LT.
LT.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gintman_12 Mon 17 May - 8:43:19

Nice to meet everyone!!!!!!!

My name is Shaun, this June will be my 10th wedding anniversary. My wife and I have been together for almost 24 years, we dated in high school, broke up for a few years,then got back together. We have three wonderful children, 2 boys and 1 girl. Kenzie is 8, Cory is 5 and my daughter Kara is a year and half.

I am a Computer Instructor for a Private Career College. I have been working in this field for about 14 years. My wife, who is truly a wonderful person, especially for putting up with me, works in the Personal Care Field, she looks after Mentally Challenged Adults. We both live and grew up here is Sydney, Nova Scotia.

Like most I had an Atari, Nintendo, PS1 and PS2, and now a PS3 that I've had for about 2 years now. I most played sports games up until about a year ago when I got COD Modern Warfare and have loved it since. I also have World at War and MW2. In all honesty I'm not very good at FPS, but I love playing and not really into stats or whatever.

Look forward to seeing you all out there!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gintman_12
Gintman_12

Back to top Go down

Post  rcrscott29 Mon 17 May - 8:49:18

It's great to meet everyone but bear with me as I am terrible at remembering names. So far I'm having a blast playing with the clan and hope to do so for awhile. I'm still not a great player but I really feel I'm getting better largely do to playing with y'all.

My name is Scott for those who couldn't guess that by my screen name, the "rcr" actually stands for "racer" and the "29" was my jersy number back in the day when I used to play hockey. Allot of people think I must be a die-hard Kevin Harvick fan because of the 29 and the rcr (Richard Childress Racing) but that's not true, while I do like Nascar the "racer" in me is a drag racer.
The Camaro in my avatar is my 74 that I bracket race with. Racing really is my passion and is the reson why I am gone most weekends and therefore only play video games during the week. It runs 10.60's at 127+ mph so it gives me the adrenaline rush I need.(pics in the gallery)
I'm also a very active collector and restorer of 80's BMX and freestyle bicycles... if anyone has anything still sitting in the garage I'd love to hear about it. Wink
I'm 38 years old and have been married for 12 years to my wife Christie. She gets annoyed at my gaming but tolerates it for the most part. Rolling Eyes lol I have a 9 year old son, Sean, that you'll likely hear in the background on my headset because he watches me play when it's not too late and talks to me constantly. Laughing Sean is also a drag racer already as he runs in the NHRA's Jr. Drag Racing League. He's also a pretty good soccer player as well.
I work as a graphic artist during the week. My company makes air pressure gauges for industrial, life support, and military applications where I am in charge of all the artwork and production of the "dial" or gauge faces. I've been there almost 15 years and hope to be there at least a little longer while I go ba back to school (University of La Verne) to finally get my degree in org. management.

I had several game systems as a kid but didn't play allot as I was really into sports and riding my bike. I did spend allot of time inthe late 80's and early 90's at the local arcades though. I've come to the realization that I've never been really that good at any video games in particular (and still not) but I still love playing them none the less.

I'm also a movie buff and can't seem to talk for more than a couple minutes or so without using movie quotes. I know I'm a dork.

I think that's it, I could tell you more but "I will be forced to thrash you".
rcrscott29
rcrscott29
Colonel
Colonel

"Kudo's"?? LOL! : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  jamie-n-scottyG Mon 17 May - 9:19:48

"They have the golden arches, we have the golden arcs".... lol!
jamie-n-scottyG
jamie-n-scottyG
Colonel
Colonel

"Kudo's"?? LOL! : 17

Information
PSNid: jamie-n-scottyG/COG_ScottyG

Back to top Go down

Post  Gintman_12 Mon 17 May - 9:42:09

"The Royal Penis is clean, your Highness."

rcrscott29, I do that also, drives my wife nuts.
Gintman_12
Gintman_12

Back to top Go down

Post  rcrscott29 Mon 17 May - 9:44:20

ding ding ding... we have a winner!
Great names think alike! cheers

"That boy good"

wow, I thought I might actually stump some of you... guess not.
That's one of my favorite movies and a great one for quotes all the way thru.
I'm still not quite sure who Martin Lutha Da King is though. lol
rcrscott29
rcrscott29
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  rcrscott29 Mon 17 May - 9:48:49

jamie-n-scottyG wrote:"They have the golden arches, we have the golden arcs".... lol!

"They have the Big Mac, we have the Big Mic"
rcrscott29
rcrscott29
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigblue413 Mon 17 May - 18:36:18

Just wanted to drop in and say it has been great getting in some games with everyone. I am Josh, married 8 yrs and have two kids (5 & 3). As for a career....I used to drive a Zamboni until the city I work for outfitted my ride with lights and siren. Yes, driving the Zamboni is awesome. "If you have the means, I highly suggest picking one up"

I am also a movie quote talker....and half of the time my wife doesn't remember the movie so I get the "what the hell are you talking about look".

Video games started w/ the atari and was anything Nintendo until the first xbox came out.

"It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong.....I am not a big man"

Last edited by Bigblue413 on Wed 19 May - 7:50:09; edited 1 time in total
Bigblue413
Bigblue413
LT.
LT.

Back to top Go down

Post  luckyenglish Mon 17 May - 20:58:07

"It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong.....I am not a big man"

LOL! I love this quote!

luckyenglish
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  Dubsteppinzz Tue 18 May - 23:09:07

Yeah Corpix for makin' dubstep!!!! and ResQ I live in SLC as well! Small world!! But anyway my name is Mason I am 21 years old no wife or kids but I have been with my girlfriend for six years going on seven...wow... haha. But anyway I have been gaming my whole life and I am currently going to school taking some computer science and communication classes and I love it! I also am into sports as well, mainly basketball woot Celtics!!! haha. Ummm lets see... I work for the government right new...ehhh.... That's me.
Dubsteppinzz
Dubsteppinzz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next