The Coalition of Old School Gamers Official Site
Welcome! Sign In Or Else!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome! Sign In Or Else!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Controller Setup

4 posters

Go down

Controller Setup  Empty Controller Setup

Post  jamie-n-scottyG Sun 12 Dec - 13:40:33

For most of my playtime on Modern Warfare 2 I used the Tactical Flipped button layout....the one where your aim and fire buttons are switched with the grenade buttons, also the melee button goes to the circle and the right analog becomes your crouch/prone button.

Well this morning while playing with Jamie I was having trouble, so I decided to go back to the default setting. And I'm thinking I'll go back to default from now on. As soon as I switched back I noticed an immediate difference. I felt I was aiming down sight quicker and diving to prone is a lot easier. Plus it's helping with any last resort knifing I have to do.

Maybe it's all in my head, but we'll see how it goes!

What setups do you guys use?
jamie-n-scottyG
jamie-n-scottyG
Colonel
Colonel

"Kudo's"?? LOL! : 17

Information
PSNid: jamie-n-scottyG/COG_ScottyG

Back to top Go down

Controller Setup  Empty Re: Controller Setup

Post  RESQ2driver Mon 13 Dec - 9:07:44

I tried that set up once.........for a match. It wasn't pretty. I guess after playing as long as I have over all the COD games, old habits are hard to break.
RESQ2driver
RESQ2driver
Rookie
Rookie

"Kudo's"?? LOL! : 3

Information
PSNid: Tell us your PSNid

Back to top Go down

Post  SwamiGodd Mon 13 Dec - 10:51:10

I always refer to the setup that you described as the Halo setup. After being away from it for so long, it feels foreign and doesn't mesh well with my hands. It definitely isn't as fast as Black Ops. I've set mine to default, and changed the analog speed. I think it is a bit faster.
SwamiGodd
SwamiGodd
Colonel
Colonel

Information
PSNid: SwamiGodd

Back to top Go down

Post  MattDaddy7 Mon 13 Dec - 15:02:43

Hey guys. I've been using the tactical flipped and have come to rely on it. I need to get those "dropshot" kills. That has saved me so many times. I still can't knife as quickly, but in this game it doesnt seem to matter too much. When I seem to time my melee perfect I miss more often than not.

One thing I did change though was the sensitivity. On MW2 I was at 7. For BO I switched to 3 and seemed to do much better that way, but it was a huge difference.

MattDaddy7
Colonel
Colonel

"Kudo's"?? LOL! : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  SwamiGodd Tue 14 Dec - 8:39:25

Hey Matt,

When I first started playing MW2, I used tactical flipped too. I was used to the trigger button shooting. But on one of my controllers the R2 button is so sensitive that I was spraying when I wasn't even shooting. So I switched back to the normal setting and got used to it. And I like it now.
SwamiGodd
SwamiGodd
Colonel
Colonel

Information
PSNid: SwamiGodd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down