The Coalition of Old School Gamers Official Site
Welcome! Sign In Or Else!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome! Sign In Or Else!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Ops.... your opinions

+5
RESQ2driver
MattDaddy7
luckyenglish
aero60
rcrscott29
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Black Ops.... your opinions Empty Black Ops.... your opinions

Post  rcrscott29 Wed 10 Nov - 8:41:55

OK now that we've all had a chance to try out Black Ops I'm just curious what your opinions are.

I have not done the campaign or zombie mode yet, I chose to jump right into multiplayer and to be perfectly honest I'm a little disappointed so far. I was hoping for another MW2 type experience only with some of the "weird" things (MLC, cammando, etc.). However I've noticed that even without cammando you can still knife from 20 ft away, assuming you don't miss that is. I've been missing like crazy even when I'm right one them, in fact a couple of times it seems almost as if they were able to defend or deflect my knofe swing and then hit on their own. What I mean is that I noticeably swung first but I'd hear like a blunt sound and he wouldn't go down. But maybe thats a new thing.
But here are my more specific thoughts and observations...
Maps... I like the uniqueness of them (although I still have not played them all yet) but they're pretty complex. I'm not comlaining about that, just noticed how intricate they are. Lots and lots of ways around them.
Guns... they seem more primative to me. Allot of recoil (that sucks for a crappy shooter like me Neutral ), they don't sound real.
Movement... slow, everything seems pretty slow.
Sound... in general this is what I am most disappointed in. The grenades sound like fire crackers, the attack helicopter sounds like its shooting a cap gun, and the single most annoying thing is that it seems (maybe its me or my setting) is I can never seem to here anyone moving around me. My own footsteps seem loud as hell but I can't here anyone moving around me, has anyone else noticed that?

Anyway this is not a gripe session, just my observations. I recognize it's a just game and because its a new game I'll adapt and keep playing and I'll enjoy myself along the way.
I'm especially looking forward tosome private matches so we can do those specialty ("One in Chamber" Gun Match" etc.) matches.

Oh and I am already coming to a sad sad realization.... I AM DESTINED TO SUCK AT THESE GAMES!. lol
I was hoping I would have better results with it being new and me not being behind from getting it late like with MW2.... but nope, its officially just me, I'm still getting owned in these games. LOL
Sad
Oh well, it's frustratingly fun still.
rcrscott29
rcrscott29
Colonel
Colonel

"Kudo's"?? LOL! : 5

Back to top Go down

Black Ops.... your opinions Empty Re: Black Ops.... your opinions

Post  aero60 Wed 10 Nov - 12:06:04

Well, like you said, I didn't try any other mode but multiplayer.
So far, I'm kind of disappointed too. I know it's too early to say cause I just played for
about couple of hours so far.
First of all, I've been playing FPS games from IW only.
Never played any other game. By saying that it is different from what I expected based on
MW series. I'm not that sensitive about graphics and sound so pass those.

Maps are way too big...so it's slow. Most of time I was lost in the middle of map.
This might be due to the fact that I'm not familiarize the maps yet. Still too big.

I agree with knifing thing. Even without commando, the knifing range is too wide.

Most of all, semi-auto or 3-round burst guns in this game are too weak. Usually
1 or 2 burst of M16 was good enough to down an enemy in MW series. But in this game
I had to empty almost half of the clip to get a kill. I don't mind recoil that much though.

This is the most annoying thing....The spawn system...... Evil or Very Mad
Many times, whole enemy team was respawning right behind me.
More than half of my death were from my behind, and when I saw the kill cam, the guy was
respawned right behind me. This should be fixed....

Anyway it was ok so far. I'm going to try some more time to get used to this game.
Cause knowing maps is the key for this kind of game.
I'm going to unlock some guns (AK47, commando) and test it to find my beloved one.
The COD money thing is little bit confused and hard to decide what to unlock first...lol.

And I realized that I am really suck at SMGs, LMGs. So I'm going to stick with ARs. lol.

One more thing, the dogs are really annoying but it'll be fun when I use that kill streak...
aero60
aero60
Colonel
Colonel

"Kudo's"?? LOL! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post  luckyenglish Wed 10 Nov - 12:33:09

Well we're all similar in that we all jumped online before the campaign! haha.

I quite like this game.

In my opinion:

The Good:
- I like the maps that I've seen so far. I like that they have varied routes.
- There was a noticeable lack of nube tubing
- There was a noticeable lack of claymores
- I like that you can unlock perks/weapons/equipment/killstreaks as you want to
- The weapons (have worked out alright for me so far)
- The community - so far the people I've played with have been awesome.
- Score Cards are awesome! I love that you can look up other peoples stats (not just friends). I think this will cut down the people who in a lobby are talking smack about their 4.0 k/d! haha

The Acceptable:
- Graphics are okay
- Sound is okay (I don't usually blare it on a surround sound system; nor do I blare in my headphones as I'm usually listening for my son to sneak out of bed - so I'm okay with the sound as it is.
- Spawning has been hit an miss - so I'm going to say it's acceptable for the moment. By 'hit and miss' I mean:
"miss" = sometimes I'm spawned right next to the guy who just shot me (and then get shot again);
"hit" = sometimes I'm spawned right next to the guy who just shot me (and I shoot him back) Laughing
- Lag has been my nemises. Some games I go 30/4 and then the very next game against the very same people, I'll go 14/13 (I don't think I've gone negative yet - might have).

The Bad:
- Nothing has made it to the bad list yet

luckyenglish
Colonel
Colonel

"Kudo's"?? LOL! : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  rcrscott29 Wed 10 Nov - 13:35:39

Yeah don't get me wrong, I like the game for what it is and will continue playing it, I guess I just expected more.
The only things in here that truly annoy me is the lack of residual sound around you first of all. I don't mind the other sound differences other than just "liking" it when it sounds real, but it used to be that I could here when someone was going up stair or running around me even if it was ont he other side of a wall and that jus enabled me to watch my back a little more. Now it seems I never know when someone is running right behind me and I've gotten kills for that very same reason.
The other thing is the bullet damage, or lack of. Then again I'm a terrible shot typically so its very likely that I'm just missing allot which can be hard to tell witht he gun barrell bouncing around so much.

But like I said, its frustratingly fun so I'll keep at it. Frustrating mostly because I just can't seem to get it done, but fun still because I live for those matches where somehow I actually do a good job.

On a side note, I haven't unlocked or bought the FAMAS on BO yet so I don't know first hand, but it appears that its fully automatic now??? Has anyone used it? Is that true?
Because I'm a terrible shot I need fully automatic weapons so I can spray a little, so in MW2 I could never use the FAMAS, M16, or FAL.
So far what do y'all find is the best gun.... and what would you recommend for a crappy shooter such as myself? lol
rcrscott29
rcrscott29
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  luckyenglish Wed 10 Nov - 13:55:38

I have the famas unlocked and I really like it. It's fully automatic now and has noticeable recoil. Surprisingly I found that once i put the silencer on it, it seemed to lessen the recoil - not sure if that makes sense?

My other fav's are the M16 and the MP5K.

I have a whole lot of credits that I need to spend - so I'll probably unlock some more stuff tonight.

luckyenglish
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  aero60 Wed 10 Nov - 14:22:06

I unlocked Famas too, and it's fully automatic.
I like it compared to MW2.
Like I said before, I was suck at SMG..... Crying or Very sad

I used M16 most of time so far, I miss M16 from MW series.
I think I'm spoiled too much by MW series....lol.
Probably getting over it soon.
I cannot wait to unlock AK47 and Commando (looks like M4).
aero60
aero60
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  rcrscott29 Wed 10 Nov - 15:29:05

Yeah so far I haven't been able to unlock much.
You have to get kills in order to get paid, and well.... I think you know what I mean by that. LOL Rolling Eyes
I'm going to try the MP5K when I get home in a couple hours.
rcrscott29
rcrscott29
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  luckyenglish Wed 10 Nov - 15:38:14

rcrscott29 wrote:Yeah so far I haven't been able to unlock much.
You have to get kills in order to get paid, and well.... I think you know what I mean by that. LOL Rolling Eyes
I'm going to try the MP5K when I get home in a couple hours.

The mp5k is a good gun. I think you'll like it. But just remember while it's automatic (and quite the sprayer) you should try to burst fire if someone is, I'd say, more than 20 feet in front. This will keep the recoil down and therefore more bullet penetration then spraying like a madman.

luckyenglish
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  aero60 Thu 11 Nov - 12:29:50

Update my thought....

Well, last night I played the game and tried to adjust myself to this game.
It turned out pretty well after all.
First thing, I modified the control sensitivity from 7 to 4.
When I got the game, I just set the most of control options same as MW.
And I realized that BO is different from MW, so I changed the sensitivity then
it was way better than before. Maybe I'll go back to higher setting after I'm comfortable with the game. BTW, there is an auto aim option, is it useful for multiplayer mode?
Right now, I turned off, not tried yet....cause I thought it's for single play mode.

Anyway, I tried MP5K, M16, and Famas to find out its characteristics.
In addition I was trying to use the iron sight only cause RDS in BO is not comfortable for me.
The guns were fine after all.
For MP5K, I used silencer and it reduced recoil a lot.
Like luckyenglish mentioned, I didn't bother to shoot an enemy far away.
Just aim and short burst for medium range target, and spray for CQC.
It worked pretty well.
For M16, again silencer only attached, it became my first choice for TDM.
The problem on the first day was the too high sensitivity, I think.
After I changed the sensitivity, I could aim better and get a kill with 1 or 2 burst.
For Famas with silencer, it is very powerful and useful for medium to short range target.
I think silencer is the must for this gun.

I still need to test other guns but so far most of ARs fine.

Last night, I had a chance to play some WAGER mode with COGs.
It was fun mode. And it's very intensive. I liked the game starting with a pistol, then
the gun updates when you get a kill. The crossbow thing is fun but I'm not that good at
throwing a hand axe...lol. The shooting knife is too powerful IMO. So it's worth a try.

For perks, there is no stopping power ( miss this... Very Happy ). I tried scavenger, marathon, ghost,
sleight of hand, warload(bling from MW2), steady aim, etc.
It looks like the ghost (like cold blood) is only against the spy plane (UAV in MW).
So you can die from helicopter attack, sentry gun, etc unless you have the pro upgrade.
The sleight of hand is very useful. The scavenger is same as before except it's not reloading
the explosives, so I don't bother this anymore cause I'm gonna die before using my clips. lol
Right now, my major goal is to know the maps so I use the marathon to explore the maps.
Once done that, I'll try the hacker (similar to sitrep but some different features for pro).

p.s. The skorpion in BO is way too powerful. I never used it yet but when I saw the its specs, the damage and accuracy are so powerful. Someone who loves a SMG will prob love this....For me, like I said before, I'm not good at SMGs..... Crying or Very sad

Ok, this is it.. for today...I'll keep updating my thought....
Have fun and see you at the field.
aero60
aero60
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  rcrscott29 Thu 11 Nov - 15:19:48

So after another day of playing my opinions are getting better as well.
I started using the MP5K yesterday and have been doing quite well, especially for me, with it. So far I haven't tried the silencer to calm the recoil but I do like the RDS on it. I think I'll buy and try the silencer the next time I play.
I've been playing free-for-all allot lately and in that mode I can definitely see what everyone is talking about witht he spawn system. It's terrible. As big as these maps are and I'm spending entire matches in about 1/3 of it because we all keep spawning right there. The worst was a FFA match I did at "Nuketown"... thats the only small, and I mean really small, map I've found so far (still haven't been to Jungle or Firing Range) and it was hectic to say the least, I either got a kill or died within 5 or so seconds after each respawn because they were always respawning right there to. I kid you not that a couple of times I respawned and just stood still and within a few seconds someone would spawn right in front of me. In fact I had 3 in a row before the one of them respawned again in the same spot and figured it out. Hopefully thats something they can fix.
Otherwise I'm enjoying it so far. I'm really digging the RC Car!

Unfortunately I DO wonder if some are hacking it already because I have many occasions of just absolutely unloading on someone only for them to kill me. Example: I came around a corner at WMD and came face to face with a guy so we started doing the dosey-doh around trying to shoot each other. I went thru seriously 3 clips getting hit markers the whole time and did not get the kill, I got a knife in the face instead when I had to reload the 3rd time. So that made me wonder.

Anyway I won't be on today at all because I have class tonight but I'll be ther tomorrow afternoon and late so please invite me if y'all are getting together.
rcrscott29
rcrscott29
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  MattDaddy7 Fri 12 Nov - 10:09:36

Hi guys, I haven't really chimed in much yet, but I thought I would give my first impressions. Here's what I've observed so far: I suck!
That's about it guys, thanks. OK, get ready for a long message...

Really though, I think my KD is around .72 which isn't horrible compared to how I started in MW2, but I was expecting to do a lot better. I don't know why I'm not doing better, I can't really pin it down. It may be one of several things or some of all.

It's already been mentioned, but this spawn system is horrible. If I move slowly and get separated from my team, then in a very short time I will suddenly be surrounded by the other team because they all just spawned behind me. I think this really throws me off because you have absolutely no idea where the other team is going to be at any time during the game.

Next, I haven't found a gun I'm comfortable with. I haven't used a ton yet, and I'm still looking for my "go to" class. The FAMAS is ok, I use a silencer but it seems like the damage is too weak. In fact it seems like most guns take too many hits to kill. The revelation I had is that I'm too used to stopping power and now that I don't have it it seems like too much to kill. The issue I have with this is that when I get killed it seems only a couple bullets actually hit me while I pumped out a whole clip.

My solution to find a better gun I just figured out last night. If you play a private match you can customize the classes to use specific guns. I don't think you even have to have them unlocked. I think I might play around with that to see what guns I like best so that I know exactly what I want to use my COD points on without wasting them. I was just going to spend my time in the training mode leveling up and trying different things, but I think private matches might work better.

I have been picking up a lot of guns as I'm running around to see if there are any I haven't unlocked or purchased that I might like. I have come across the AK74u quite a bit, and everytime I pick it up I get at least 1 or 2 kills, so I may purchase that one.

Funny story from last night... I was playing TDM and ran completely out of ammo, so I found a guy and killed him with C4 so I could take his gun. The only easy kill I've gotten so far.

There's a lot more I could talk about, but you probably won't even read this far, and I need a break from thinking anyways.

MattDaddy7
Colonel
Colonel

"Kudo's"?? LOL! : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  aero60 Fri 12 Nov - 14:06:25

Hey....another day passed...

Scott, you're absolutely right about the Nuketown.
Last night, TDM, I was spawned at the small garden place right behind the house.
This place has two sections. I spawned at right side and 3 of enemy guys spawned
at left side. So when I came out from the place I saw them, and they saw me.
1 vs 3.....I died....well I killed one at least....It should be fixed right away....seriously.

Well, Matt, I just want to say....you're just like me...lol.
You probably saw how I was doing on the first day of Bops...
Many matches I was like 3-14, 4-17....something.
You were better than me....at that time.
Same thing happened when I played MW2 after MW1.
I played MW1 for long time, max level up, max prestige, I even had gold AK-47....
But when I played MW2 for the first time, I really sucked.
My kd ratio during first couple of weeks was under 0.5...lol.
(I really considered to make a new account, cause I was so frustrated.)
It took almost 10 month (real time not game time) to recover the damage.
So just enjoy the game and have fun...

BTW, I tested few new guns last night.
Scorpion - I got killed by this so many times so I unlocked it and tried ....but I sucked....
It looks like this one is powerful for close but slow firing rate...pass, not my gun.
M14 - Very powerful, but in this game, it's hard one cause you have to hit at least two or
more time to kill, but other guys have full auto, you die....pass.
Galil - This gun reminds me SCAR in MW2, about similar fire rate, damage,
little bit less accuracy thou. Anyway it's worth a try.
Enfield - Tried but not successful with this...

See you later.....

Last edited by aero60 on Fri 12 Nov - 18:42:15; edited 1 time in total
aero60
aero60
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  luckyenglish Fri 12 Nov - 18:08:20

aero60 wrote:
Galil - This gun reminds me SCAR in MW2, about similar fire rate, damage,
little bit less accuracy thou. Anyway it's worth a try.

That's funny - I just messaged Matt yesterday telling him the same thing about the Galil. It's my new favorite (for now). Blows the Famas out of the water.

I'm really really liking Black Ops so far!

luckyenglish
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  rcrscott29 Mon 15 Nov - 10:33:00

I finally unlocked the Galil and am really liking it so far, my other gun of choice that I now pretty much only use on Nuketown is the AK74u, its good for spray type hip firing... for me at least.

I'm liking BO more and more as I continue to play it. I, like you Matt, started out just absolutely getting my a$$ handed to me, and in typical rcrscott29 form, it still happens periodically however I think I'm allot better at Black Ops than I was at MW2.

I am really struggling to learn the maps though, they're just so complex and (other than Nuketown) so big that there are just oo many ways around. On the other hand I can move around "Summit", "WMD", and "Radiation" with my eyes closed because it seems those are the only maps I'm getting lately.

No matter what though I had a blast playing with y'all this weekend and hope we can get together even more.

rcrscott29
rcrscott29
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  luckyenglish Mon 15 Nov - 13:49:38

rcrscott29 wrote:I finally unlocked the Galil and am really liking it so far, my other gun of choice that I now pretty much only use on Nuketown is the AK74u, its good for spray type hip firing... for me at least.

I'm liking BO more and more as I continue to play it. I, like you Matt, started out just absolutely getting my a$$ handed to me, and in typical rcrscott29 form, it still happens periodically however I think I'm allot better at Black Ops than I was at MW2.

I am really struggling to learn the maps though, they're just so complex and (other than Nuketown) so big that there are just oo many ways around. On the other hand I can move around "Summit", "WMD", and "Radiation" with my eyes closed because it seems those are the only maps I'm getting lately.

No matter what though I had a blast playing with y'all this weekend and hope we can get together even more.

Galil is a great gun. When I have a good connection, I go back to the famas though - don't know why... I just really like that gun (but it sucks when you only have 2 or 3 bars).

luckyenglish
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  MattDaddy7 Mon 15 Nov - 20:08:26

Ok, so after the first week of playing I'm getting more comfortable. For the first time since EVER my K/D is >1.0. From the .72 I mentioned earlier, the next night I went +.17, and the next got to 1.0 and I'm not going back. I'm a little more than 100 kills in the positive now. I am really enjoying this game and have been playing much more like I expected to.

I think treyarch made a wonderful addition to this game in adding the option to search for only local games. For the first few days (until I found this out) every match was a major lagfest and I couldn't kill anyone. Once I learned of the local matchmaking, just about every game I have a strong connection. I occasionally still get a bad one, but that's far fewer and I can just back out and find a new game.

What I'm currently using:
AK74u with rapid fire (to offset any lag I get more bullets off)
Usually hardline, slight of hand pro and hacker pro
I'll start to play with the perks a little more to see what else is there. But the choices seem pretty clear to me. I use ghost occasionally too.

I also unlocked and purchased the AK47 and have been using it with silencer and extended mags.

Others that I feel are pretty good or I'm comfortable with are the Galil that you guys mentioned and the STONER. The stoner is the classified gun in the LMG category, but plays very similar to an AR and has a very fast fire rate.

One thing ive been doing is that I swap out my secondary ASAP for just about anything I find. My secondary isn't bad, but theyre just way underpowered in this game. I do use the last handgun on the list, and you can make it fully automatic (similar to the G18 in MW2).

One other thing I've noticed is that claymores are much better in this game. They're much more hidden and don't give off the click that you tripped it. I've been using them and it's nice to get that extra kill when you forgot that you set it out.

I haven't tried zombies or the campaign yet, but I'm sure I will soon. I did play the "secret" game Dead Ops Arcade once. It was a fun little game that I could see playing occasionally. The regular zombie mode didn't interest me much, but I'm sure I'll try it at some point.

Ok, well that's all for now. Talk to you guys again soon.

MattDaddy7
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  rcrscott29 Tue 16 Nov - 8:34:24

Hey Matt,
I didn't know we could search for local matches, how do you do it? I like that idea.
Also what is with this "secret" game? Thats the first I've ever heard of that....

I guess I should climb out from under my rock one of these days.

I really wish I could find more time to play, (spending allot of time with school and now getting my car back together) I'd like to try and keep up with y'all a little better rather than being so far behind on the levels, but then again it does help me out to have all you guys ahead of me sharing your insights on the guns and perks, saves me some money and time figuring them out myself.
rcrscott29
rcrscott29
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  RESQ2driver Tue 16 Nov - 8:58:10

MattDaddy7 wrote:Ok, so after the first week of playing I'm getting more comfortable. For the first time since EVER my K/D is >1.0. From the .72 I mentioned earlier, the next night I went +.17, and the next got to 1.0 and I'm not going back. I'm a little more than 100 kills in the positive now. I am really enjoying this game and have been playing much more like I expected to.

I think treyarch made a wonderful addition to this game in adding the option to search for only local games. For the first few days (until I found this out) every match was a major lagfest and I couldn't kill anyone. Once I learned of the local matchmaking, just about every game I have a strong connection. I occasionally still get a bad one, but that's far fewer and I can just back out and find a new game.

What I'm currently using:
AK74u with rapid fire (to offset any lag I get more bullets off)
Usually hardline, slight of hand pro and hacker pro
I'll start to play with the perks a little more to see what else is there. But the choices seem pretty clear to me. I use ghost occasionally too.

I also unlocked and purchased the AK47 and have been using it with silencer and extended mags.

Others that I feel are pretty good or I'm comfortable with are the Galil that you guys mentioned and the STONER. The stoner is the classified gun in the LMG category, but plays very similar to an AR and has a very fast fire rate.

One thing ive been doing is that I swap out my secondary ASAP for just about anything I find. My secondary isn't bad, but theyre just way underpowered in this game. I do use the last handgun on the list, and you can make it fully automatic (similar to the G18 in MW2).

One other thing I've noticed is that claymores are much better in this game. They're much more hidden and don't give off the click that you tripped it. I've been using them and it's nice to get that extra kill when you forgot that you set it out.

I haven't tried zombies or the campaign yet, but I'm sure I will soon. I did play the "secret" game Dead Ops Arcade once. It was a fun little game that I could see playing occasionally. The regular zombie mode didn't interest me much, but I'm sure I'll try it at some point.

Ok, well that's all for now. Talk to you guys again soon.

Good playing with you yesterday. By the looks of it, you were really feeling comfortable by the way you were owning the room Very Happy
RESQ2driver
RESQ2driver
Rookie
Rookie

"Kudo's"?? LOL! : 3

Information
PSNid: Tell us your PSNid

Back to top Go down

Post  MattDaddy7 Tue 16 Nov - 14:12:07

RESQ2driver wrote:

Good playing with you yesterday. By the looks of it, you were really feeling comfortable by the way you were owning the room Very Happy

It was nice playing with you too. Thank you for the complement, but I believe you finished above me on the score table more often than not. But then I don't know if there was a match that one of us was not on top, so that was nice.

MattDaddy7
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  MattDaddy7 Tue 16 Nov - 15:00:00

Oh yeah Scott. The mini game...

At the main menu in BO where you see the screen with the game options: Campaign, Multiplayer, Zombies, Options... If you use the sticks you can adjust the view down to see that you're the player and you're strapped to a chair. If you hit the triggers multiple times you can break out of the chair and walk around.

There is a computer with dos prompts in a corner that you can use. For the game "Dead Ops Arcade" simply type in DOA and enter. That takes you to a screen that says insert coin. After you put a quarter in your pS3 (not really, I will not be held responsible for anyone who ruins their PS3 by shoving quarters in), it'll go to the game shortly after the intro screen.

There's a code I heard of called ZORG that you can enter at the computer also. I havent tried this one, but I believe it is a game that was out in the early 80's?

Oh and to select local matches... When you are in the multiplayer screen before you go to find match and select the game type, you can press select which will allow you to decide the privacy of your party and also the connection settings. I keep mine on local only and haven't had trouble waiting to find a game. I still get into a game pretty quickly.

MattDaddy7
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  aero60 Tue 16 Nov - 15:38:23

After playing Ops for several hours so far, I really like it.
First of all, I like the overall balance of guns, each gun has its cons and pros.
And I don't have to say $%$% about tubing and MLC.
Although I still have some issue with the knifing in this game, but it's not that bad like MW2.

However couple of problems are still bothering me, lag and spawn.
Last night when I was on, I sent a msg to Matt and Luckyenglish for invitation, then
all of sudden I was kicked out, they were kicked out too.
So I had to restart several times to connect...this is not desirable.
Other than that, it's well made game after all.

I'm currently working on the challenge to unlock pro perks, Ghost and Hacker.
For ghost perk, I need to down less than 10 aircrafts but most problem is the sentry gun.
Cause it looks like nobody uses sentry gun in this game. I had only one chance to complete the sentry gun challenge but I blow up. An opponent guy called care package and it was the sentry gun but I killed him (killed him before I realized it's sentry gun) then I was waiting someone to take it, but I instantly killed him too, lol....So I took it....And my chance to complete the sentry gun challenge was gone... Crying or Very sad

For the hacker pro, only left on is to use motion sensor or jammer to kill any enemy nearby it. It is really fun to play this challenge. I placed the motion sensor on one location and get some kills, then take the sensor and place it at different place.....bang...
I tried to use the decoy and it really worked....The people just keep coming to me when I
put the decoy around my camping site....lol....i had really funny camp fire....

BTW, it seems like many people use AK-74, is this one good?
I had this gun when I played MW1 but not liked it....
Now I cannot wait to unlock AK-47 and commando.
aero60
aero60
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  MattDaddy7 Tue 16 Nov - 16:38:36

Hey aero. The Ak74u is good. People are already saying it is the most overpowered gun in the game.
I like the AK47 in this game too. I've been using it with a silencer.

For the sentry gun challenge I would suggest that you use the sentry as your own streak, then throw it down and let the other team steal it. Then once they set it up you can take it out. Done.

I got hacker pro using the motion sensor. I didn't like the jammer much. After I got pro, I went to hack an enemy's CP, but it didn't work. I forgot that you don't just have to complete the challenge for pro, but then you have to buy the pro perk too. Oops. My lesson to you... Don't forget to buy the pro perk after you unlock it.

I'm still a long way away from ghost pro.

MattDaddy7
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  aero60 Tue 16 Nov - 18:03:24

MattDaddy7 wrote:Hey aero. The Ak74u is good. People are already saying it is the most overpowered gun in the game.
I like the AK47 in this game too. I've been using it with a silencer.

For the sentry gun challenge I would suggest that you use the sentry as your own streak, then throw it down and let the other team steal it. Then once they set it up you can take it out. Done.

I got hacker pro using the motion sensor. I didn't like the jammer much. After I got pro, I went to hack an enemy's CP, but it didn't work. I forgot that you don't just have to complete the challenge for pro, but then you have to buy the pro perk too. Oops. My lesson to you... Don't forget to buy the pro perk after you unlock it.

I'm still a long way away from ghost pro.

Wow,,,,Matt,,,,,you're a genius....now I should try this....wait....but I have to get that kill
streak.....I think it's too much.....5 kills without dying....lol....

And I knew that I have to buy pro perks cause I already learned it when I got sleight of hand pro..lol....thanks for reminding me though.....

For Ak74, maybe try sometime later....but I keep saying this....I suck at SMGs....
I don't know why but some reason I usually bad with smgs....

For perks, I tried some of those...most likely I'm going to stick with
Ghost, Sleight of Hand, and Hacker.
The perks list and my thought....
Tier 1 :
Lightweight - it's useful to learn the maps.....uhh....that's it.
Scavenger - only collect ammo and grenades,,not explosives though.
Ghost - not showing by spyplane only...for aircraft and sentry, you need Ghost Pro.
Flak jacket - well imo it's waste of perk...
Hardline - 1 less kill for kill streak...I prefer other perks....so never tried this.
Tier 2 :
Hardened - another useless one....
Scout - not a sniper...so never bothered this.
Steady aim - smg and lmg users should have this...
Sleight of hand - my choice to go with...cause it helps reload...
Warload - I usually used it for RDS+Silencer, but guns iron sight is ok...and RDS in this
game sucks..imo....
Tier 3 :
Tactical mask - useless....to me...
Marathon - only useful to learn the maps, for other modes like CTF, SnD it might help...
Ninja - Most useless one in Black Ops...cause I cannot hear any footsteps other than
mine. It's like every one has Ninja but me....Totally wrong.....
Second chance - didn't like last man stand before, so I don't care...
However, I think this is bad....cause someone who has pro perk of this
can be revive with teammates help...but it turned out total disaster
based on most of my exp. After that I completely ignore any revive
sign.
Hacker - Detect enemy equipments, e.g. claymore, tactical insertion, motion
sensor...etc. Most interesting thing is once pro perk is unlocked, you can
change enemy equips to friendly....This is the main reason for me to pick this
perk.

If someone has better idea, please feel free to add....
See you later....
aero60
aero60
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  MattDaddy7 Wed 17 Nov - 11:49:45

I think ghost pro and hacker pro might be an interesting combo. To be able to sneak up on enemy equipment and switch it to your own. Maybe that's why no one is using sentry guns?

Thank you for the genius comment.. Maybe I should be in the AEROspace industry. Lol.

MattDaddy7
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  luckyenglish Wed 17 Nov - 13:41:08

I'm not sure how hard I'm going to work on pro perks... only because I think I'm close to prestige once I hit 50 (actually you have to technically work your way through 50 before you can prestige). I think I'm like lvl 45 or so right now.

Normally I don't readily prestige in COD games, but there doesn't seem to be any disadvantage in doing it this time around - thoughts?

luckyenglish
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next