The Coalition of Old School Gamers Official Site
Welcome! Sign In Or Else!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome! Sign In Or Else!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NHL playoffs

+3
x_IHIostile_x
jamie-n-scottyG
ObjectontheMoon
7 posters

Go down

NHL playoffs Empty NHL playoffs

Post  ObjectontheMoon Wed 12 May - 18:28:54

I noticed a few of you guys are hockey fans. Who are you guys rootin for? I'm a pens fan and currently we're losing game 7.
ObjectontheMoon
ObjectontheMoon
Rookie
Rookie

"Kudo's"?? LOL! : 3

Back to top Go down

NHL playoffs Empty Re: NHL playoffs

Post  jamie-n-scottyG Wed 12 May - 19:00:38

Well, I am a Redwings fan(hold the hating please, lol) I've been a fan since well before they won the Cup in 97'. I was going to root for the Hawks after the Wings were ousted. But I can't bring myself to root for a division rival...lol. But in all honesty, I'm a hockey fan in general.
jamie-n-scottyG
jamie-n-scottyG
Colonel
Colonel

"Kudo's"?? LOL! : 17

Information
PSNid: jamie-n-scottyG/COG_ScottyG

Back to top Go down

Post  ObjectontheMoon Wed 12 May - 19:35:08

jamie-n-scottyG wrote:Well, I am a Redwings fan(hold the hating please, lol) I've been a fan since well before they won the Cup in 97'. I was going to root for the Hawks after the Wings were ousted. But I can't bring myself to root for a division rival...lol. But in all honesty, I'm a hockey fan in general.

Ah the Pens just can't do it tonight. I'm just glad you aren't a flyers fan.
ObjectontheMoon
ObjectontheMoon
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  x_IHIostile_x Wed 12 May - 20:13:34

Well, my team is out! Im am through and through a Nucks fan. Have been for 30 yrs. I was born into a hockey environment. So every year, I root for the nucks, after that, whatever, if any, Canadian teams are left. lol!
x_IHIostile_x
x_IHIostile_x
Commander
Commander

"Kudo's"?? LOL! : 2

https://thecog.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  jamie-n-scottyG Wed 12 May - 20:23:18

Thats cool you're a Pens fan Object. But I hope you take no offense to what I'm about to say.

I CAN'T STAND SIDNEY CROSBY!!!

It's probably because I'm a WINGS fan, but I just don't understand what the big deal is about him.
jamie-n-scottyG
jamie-n-scottyG
Colonel
Colonel

Information

Back to top Go down

Post  ObjectontheMoon Wed 12 May - 20:33:45

jamie-n-scottyG wrote:Thats cool you're a Pens fan Object. But I hope you take no offense to what I'm about to say.

It's probably because I'm a WINGS fan, but I just don't understand what the big deal is about him.

Wow that's tough haha I love how modest he is. He's a great team player and we could never ask for more in my opinion. If you were to tell me you didn't understand the big deal about Evgeni Malkin I'd say I certainly agree. But to each their own. The pens looked horrible defensively this series, but I'm not by any means a huge hockey fan. I'm sure you guys understand the game more so than I do
ObjectontheMoon
ObjectontheMoon
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  jamie-n-scottyG Wed 12 May - 20:45:00

Yeah, I would agree about Malkin as well. I don't know, maybe it's because the NHL has shoved Crosby down the fan base's throat for the last few years. I know they're trying to get more exposure. The NHL as a whole doesn't do a great job marketing itself. We have Bettman to thank for that. I don't like shoot outs to decide a game. I'd be more excited watching the occasional penalty shot.

Sorry for ranting Smile
jamie-n-scottyG
jamie-n-scottyG
Colonel
Colonel

Information

Back to top Go down

Post  rcrscott29 Thu 13 May - 7:31:50

I'm very much a hockey fan as here in SoCal. I don't care much for the Ducks but I have been a Kings king fan for quite some time.
But the Kings are also out thanks to Hostile's Nuck's. Suspect

It's really hard to be a hockey fan in SoCal, other than the local teams you can't find a game on TV unless you get the Direct TV NHL package which I can't afford. I do watch what I can find though especially during the playoffs.
Luckily we have a ECHL team here locally now called the Ontario Reign. I just started going to some of their games this year and that was way cool getting in some minor league action for $10 a seat (sometimes even less).

I wish they would at least show some games on ESPN again so I could follow it more than just online.
rcrscott29
rcrscott29
Colonel
Colonel

"Kudo's"?? LOL! : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  x_IHIostile_x Thu 13 May - 10:57:03

Pens are out! Habs in 7!! who would have thought that?
x_IHIostile_x
x_IHIostile_x
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigblue413 Thu 13 May - 12:10:38

I was curious if we would have some sports conversation in here. I am a North Stars Fan along with their replacement team, the Wild.

As for Montreal, After their first series....and the way Halak (goalie) has been playing, it is not a stunner. He is playing out of his mind, and in hockey a goaltender can make all the difference; especially when he's playing like Halak.
Bigblue413
Bigblue413
LT.
LT.

"Kudo's"?? LOL! : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  x_IHIostile_x Thu 13 May - 12:17:59

Tell me about it! We have Luongo, he blew a tire this years playoffs.....He IS an awesome goalie, but wo....it is because we gave up a shitload of penalties. We let in 17, yes 17! Shorthanded goals in 2 series! wow!
x_IHIostile_x
x_IHIostile_x
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  corpix Thu 13 May - 23:06:21

I am a Leafs fan.....yeah I know, lol. It's been very hard to be a Leafs fan lately. If they don't make the play-offs, I go for any other Canadian team that does. Ottawa is last on that list when it comes down to it, lol. I got nothing against the American teams, it's just that you have more teams than us. I just want to see the cup come home again.
corpix
corpix
Rookie
Rookie

"Kudo's"?? LOL! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post  Buffalkill Fri 14 May - 16:56:36

jamie-n-scottyG wrote:Thats cool you're a Pens fan Object. But I hope you take no offense to what I'm about to say.

Ya its from bein a wings fan, im also a big Wings fan and i think Sid Crosby is a collosal Douche. He isnt quite Patrick Roy douche (really though who could ever be) but he still bugs the crap out of me lol. But now with the wings knocked out all i can hope for is for Chicago to make the finals and lose so Marian Hossa can sit on the wrong side of a stanley cup finals again.
Buffalkill
Buffalkill
Rookie
Rookie

"Kudo's"?? LOL! : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  jamie-n-scottyG Tue 25 May - 17:14:07

Man, I just found out Yzerman is GM of the Lightning now. Wow!! Well, hope he does well. He will be missed by RedWing fans everywhere!

Can you guys believe how the Blackhawks destroyed the Sharks?? Crazy!! (The Wings sure softened them little Sharkies up, didn't they...HAHA) Now hopefully we'll get to see Hossa fail...AGAIN!! I'm not sure who is worse- Hossa or Thornton!! Neither seems to have the ability to overcome playoff pressure.
jamie-n-scottyG
jamie-n-scottyG
Colonel
Colonel

Information

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down