The Coalition of Old School Gamers Official Site
Welcome! Sign In Or Else!

Tips for TDM?

Go down

Tips for TDM?

Post  rcrscott29 on Mon 7 Mar - 13:38:37

OK I know thats an odd request however I've gotten so used to playing Domination in Blops that its like I've completely forgotten how to play TDM effectively.
I can go + pretty much all the time in Domination now however when I try to play TDM with you guys I suck horribly and I know its just because of my playing style. I've never been very good at TDM anyway but my results lately with you guys is flat out embarassing. I wasn't all that bad at it in MW2

Any tips for playing style when playing TDM specifically?
rcrscott29
Colonel
Colonel

"Kudo's"?? LOL! : 5

Back to top Go down

Re: Tips for TDM?

Post  jamie-n-scottyG on Mon 7 Mar - 14:20:29

My style is somewhat slow and methodical. I try to stay to the outside of the map and always use Ghost Pro. I avoid choke points. And you really have to be aware of areas that are known camping spots. I'm in the car right now. I'll go a little more in depth later if you want?

Colonel
Colonel

"Kudo's"?? LOL! : 17

Information
PSNid: jamie-n-scottyG/COG_ScottyG

Back to top Go down

Post  rcrscott29 on Mon 7 Mar - 15:03:26

Yeah I think my biggest problem is that I'm moving too quickly... I'm used to rushing to try and get to the flags. Also in Domination you somewhat have an idea of where the enemy is and/or where they'll be coming from.
I'm not familiar with the common camp spots unfortunately so I'll be caught there.

But thanks for the info and if you have more I welcome it.

rcrscott29
Colonel
Colonel

"Kudo's"?? LOL! : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  jamie-n-scottyG on Tue 8 Mar - 8:46:42

In MW2 I struggled bad in TDM. For whatever reason in Black Ops I do pretty decent. I've been using a killstreak set-up thats been working fairly well lately. Spyplane or Counter Spyplane with Mortar Strike and Napalm. After you get your Mortars and Napalm, wait for someone on your team to put up a Spyplane or a Blackbird. Then drop your Mortars, after they go runnin, drop your Napalm. They usually bunch up and you can get some decent double and triple kills this way. Using Spyplane helps a ton in TDM, that way you have an idea where the enemies are. Unless you run across a whole team using Ghost....LOL

This is a good thread! What other tips can we get for TDM? Let's here em C.O.Gs!

Colonel
Colonel

"Kudo's"?? LOL! : 17

Information
PSNid: jamie-n-scottyG/COG_ScottyG

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum