The Coalition of Old School Gamers Official Site
Welcome! Sign In Or Else!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome! Sign In Or Else!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recent Games

+2
MattDaddy7
SwamiGodd
6 posters

Go down

Recent Games Empty Recent Games

Post  SwamiGodd Sun 5 Dec - 14:20:10

I was playing a private game last night, and had it open to join. One of my friends hadn't played Black Ops before and I was showing it to him. So he'd felt kinda comfortable and he'd won a couple and lost a couple. Well, Tre3zon came in and my friend got to see him in action. So after Tre3zon handed it to us, he left. My friend was in awe. I thanked Tre3zon for a good game and we played a few more. If anyone sees me online, please feel free to join up. I don't mind taking a good butt kicking.
SwamiGodd
SwamiGodd
Colonel
Colonel

"Kudo's"?? LOL! : 3

Information
PSNid: SwamiGodd

Back to top Go down

Recent Games Empty Re: Recent Games

Post  MattDaddy7 Wed 8 Dec - 9:40:48

Hey Ross, I joined one of your games the other night and realized you were playing private so I didn't stay because I didn't want to interrupt what you were up too. I don't mind playing private matches, so I'll stick around next time if it's cool.

MattDaddy7
Colonel
Colonel

"Kudo's"?? LOL! : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  SwamiGodd Wed 8 Dec - 12:48:09

Totally, I was playing private just to show stages to some of my friends, but if any of you see me online and want to boost yojur K/D ratio, come put a few bullets in me. I'd rather be killed by a fellow COG than some 6 year old any way.
SwamiGodd
SwamiGodd
Colonel
Colonel

"Kudo's"?? LOL! : 3

Information
PSNid: SwamiGodd

Back to top Go down

Post  jamie-n-scottyG Sat 11 Dec - 7:12:40

Hey all, it was sweet getting a bunch of games in last night. Very cool!! It seems like a long time since I've played with 5 or 6 of COGs. I did okay...broke even for the most part.

Is it just me or did it seem like we ran into quite a few teams where almost every person had ghost on?

On a side note: I do like Firing Range...but MAN do I struggle on it. What is your approach? (I was kinda bummed that Nuketown didn't come up before I went to bed)

Hope to see you guys tonight! Cool
jamie-n-scottyG
jamie-n-scottyG
Colonel
Colonel

"Kudo's"?? LOL! : 17

Information
PSNid: jamie-n-scottyG/COG_ScottyG

Back to top Go down

Post  MattDaddy7 Mon 13 Dec - 15:36:41

Here's what I do on firing range (hit and miss though):

From either side I will usually toss a cooked grenade towards the other team at the beginning of the match. Occasionally I have gotten a kill or two doing that. I always stay on the outside of the map in this one, usually just patrolling an area. I tend to like staying in the back (bottom) of the map. I get a good number of kills by sitting at the stack of tires and aiming up through the tunnel. There's a spawn point just to the left beyond the tunnel, and that tunnel gets a lot of traffic. After I kill one or two coming from that direction I always switch sides of that "walkway" or go prone because I know they will come back for revenge. I usually only have a hard time when 2 or more come down at a time, so tossing a flash or grenade up there wouldn't be a bad idea.

I try to stay away from going up into the buildings just because they are too popular, and you have a time limit to how long you can stay up there without a grenade coming up. Also on that note, I have gotten several kills but just shooting through the buildings. I know that someone will be camping on the second level of the metal building, so from the end of it I will shoot across it until I get a hitmarker, then I know where they are and can get the kill. Same goes for the "crows nest" in the middle with the long ladder. It's easy to shoot through those buildings. I might be able to do that more with Hardened as a perk, but haven't tried that out yet.

MattDaddy7
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigblue413 Tue 14 Dec - 8:46:52

I have had some of my best games on Firing Range...even got a chopper gunner a couple times (I have also had some of my worst games here too).

I also stay to the outside of the map. It is small enough that you can grab some kills down the center w/o entering the chaos. I always head to the "back" of the map too. I Plant a claymore to prevent or hear a follower and work my way around. If I start on the side by the jeep, I quick run into the two story metal building a set a claymore by the door and head into the buildings before making my way around.

I have also found that the lane on the outside by the only open trailer is a fine place to find enemies, but watch for people camping behind the wall or steps to trailer. I've been nabbed by them a few times. After the game starts I also try to avoid heading down the trail to the back of the map because of people who like to stay on the top of the wooden building and shoot that way. I've been mowed down numerous times from behind because of that.

It is one of my favorite maps though.
Bigblue413
Bigblue413
LT.
LT.

"Kudo's"?? LOL! : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  jamie-n-scottyG Wed 15 Dec - 11:47:07

Did anyone else notice that yesterdays update actually made the lag, joining games, and connection lost problems worse?

I didn't have MW2 when it first came out. Was it the same with all the issues Treyarch seems to be dealing with now?

I know it's been ssaid before, but there should have been a Beta for Black Ops!
jamie-n-scottyG
jamie-n-scottyG
Colonel
Colonel

Information

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigblue413 Wed 15 Dec - 12:30:09

Thank you....Trying to join last night was ridiculous. I coulnt' even join a game. After about 30 minutes of trying I just gave up. I would enter a lobby and it would instantly start "Migrating Host" and then out I'd go.

Not sure on MW 2 because I didn't get it until December (I think a month after the release).

Bigblue413
Bigblue413
LT.
LT.

"Kudo's"?? LOL! : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  MattDaddy7 Wed 15 Dec - 14:59:48

Same here. I tried to play TDM and couldn't get into a game. It said balancing teams for several minutes, and just when I thought it was going to load it actually froze up my PS3, so I had to reboot. Did this 3 times and then settled for combat training. I have a feeling my wife was hopeful it was broken. Smile

Played combat training for a while, then found out they did a "hotfix" and all was well with the world again. Seems they're still trying to sort out all of the issues. Just glad they restored it relatively quickly to be playable.

MattDaddy7
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  aero60 Mon 27 Dec - 12:20:37

After I got a new headphone (turtlebeach px21), I tried couple of times.
Well...Last night was a blast for me...
When I logged on, Matt was there. I was trying to join but the sever was full.
So I sent an inv to him, and he sent me back, and I joined..
First of all, it was great that I can finally hear and speak through the mic.
And later Rich, Object, Scott the Racer, and friend of someone (I forgot) joined.
We had a full team, and it was awesome. We owned most of matches I believe.

p.s. I need to learn all the $%$% words and trash talks in English...... lol!
aero60
aero60
Colonel
Colonel

"Kudo's"?? LOL! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post  MattDaddy7 Mon 27 Dec - 14:18:25

aero60 wrote:After I got a new headphone (turtlebeach px21), I tried couple of times.
Well...Last night was a blast for me...
When I logged on, Matt was there. I was trying to join but the sever was full.
So I sent an inv to him, and he sent me back, and I joined..
First of all, it was great that I can finally hear and speak through the mic.
And later Rich, Object, Scott the Racer, and friend of someone (I forgot) joined.
We had a full team, and it was awesome. We owned most of matches I believe.

p.s. I need to learn all the $%$% words and trash talks in English...... lol!

We did do really well last night. It was fun playing with you all. What was nice was that it seemed like each match someone different didn't have a great match, but someone else pulled through. It's cool when each person helps out. I remember a couple matches where no one on the other team went positive. That's awesome. (sorry christmas noobs. Lol)

Aero- no need to learn to swear in English- 90% of the time I mute everyone in the lobby who's not in our party, so I don't have to listen.
If you guys ever hear anyone talking trash to me and I don't respond then it's because I've muted them. There are some ridiculously obnoxious people playing. (and I'm not just talking about luckyenglish.)

MattDaddy7
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  rcrscott29 Tue 28 Dec - 15:39:03

Yeah that night was fun, I wish I had gotten on sooner.
There is definitely way too much childish trash talking that goes on in those lobbies.... not among us of course, we all just poke fun at each other, and ourselves. Like you Matt I usually just mute everyone else also, besides the fun I can always count on the "boys" to help out once in awhile when I have someone on my back or am about to run into an ambush.

I am work right now but I'm finding out that I'm going to have the rest of the week off (we were doing inventory) and don't have to come back untilt he 4th so I plan on logging some hours each night. Hopefully we can all hook up again.

Oh and speaking of that, whenever I get on I look to see if any of you are there but I usually just wait for the invite before getting together, I wasn't aware that I could just join you guys on my own I thought I had to be invited. Now that I know that I'll figure it out and jump right on in next time.
rcrscott29
rcrscott29
Colonel
Colonel

"Kudo's"?? LOL! : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  aero60 Thu 30 Dec - 13:41:44

Last couple of days, I had really weird but famous issues on Bops, i.e. connection problem.
Situation was like this..
First night, I, Matt, and Scott played several games and Matt left.
So I and Scott played TDMs and then I got "waiting other players...." then my ps3 died..
Second night, it was exactly same...
I'm sure this was the server or network issues.
or maybe Matt's fault cause it happened right after he left.... lol...
Hope somebody fix this...

Oh...Happy New Year to all.....
aero60
aero60
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  MattDaddy7 Thu 30 Dec - 22:27:48

Ha ha aero, you just can't play without me. Lol.

MattDaddy7
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  aero60 Fri 31 Dec - 22:55:10

MattDaddy7 wrote:Ha ha aero, you just can't play without me. Lol.

Or you don't want me to play without you....HaHa....
aero60
aero60
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  rcrscott29 Sun 9 Jan - 14:49:00

I played last night with Aero and my nephew Jeffrey (some of you know him) and we were just owning it on Domination. I think we won something like 6-8 straight matches where the 3 of us were pretty much always the top 3 on the list. In one match in particular we were at Nuketown and at the end Jeffrey led the way with 57 kills, Aero was 2nd with 50 and I, believe it or not, had 46 kills myself... I actually was 46 and 12 if you can believe that! Shocked
rcrscott29
rcrscott29
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  MattDaddy7 Tue 11 Jan - 10:54:55

Nice job Scott. That's a really good game. I think you have my best beat.
I'm starting to have more fun playing the objective game modes instead of just TDM. I like Demolition and probably Domination the most.

MattDaddy7
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  rcrscott29 Tue 11 Jan - 15:05:58

Thanks Matt.
I'm working really hard on bringing up my K/D. I'm currently at 0.89 but I'm positive in matches almost every time so it's on the way up. I still have a little way to go though.

I started playing Domination more just because I level up allot faster that way over TDM but now I prefer to play it all the time. If for no other reason in Domination you kinda sorta know where the enemy is or where they're coming from and that helps a ton!
I have yet to play anything other than TDM and Domination on Black Ops though. I used to play allot of Hardcore on MW2 but find it difficult in BO because the sounds just isn't the same. I haven't tried it with my PX21's yet though.
rcrscott29
rcrscott29
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  jamie-n-scottyG Sun 30 Jan - 12:30:29

After not playing this for little over a month, I was surprised that for 80% of my games over the last few days I've been positive! cheers
jamie-n-scottyG
jamie-n-scottyG
Colonel
Colonel

Information

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down