The Coalition of Old School Gamers Official Site
Welcome! Sign In Or Else!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome! Sign In Or Else!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wold Cup 2010 :)

5 posters

Go down

Wold Cup 2010 :) Empty Wold Cup 2010 :)

Post  X_Drunk_Gamer_X Sat 12 Jun - 6:26:11

who's watching the games?
i know i am! Smile i'm rooting for argentina,brazil and spain.
today 6/12 usa plays england at 2pm est time Wink
any soccer fans out there?
X_Drunk_Gamer_X
X_Drunk_Gamer_X
LT.
LT.

"Kudo's"?? LOL! : 0

Back to top Go down

Wold Cup 2010 :) Empty Re: Wold Cup 2010 :)

Post  MattDaddy7 Sat 12 Jun - 9:57:48

Yes definately excited about the world cup. I grew up playing soccer year round and would still be playing now if I had the time. I have to go for the US # 1, I don't expect them to win, but they should make a good showing, especially in the group they're in. Brazil is maybe my #2 and my favorite team to watch play. Then whoever after that, I'll watch for the great players. I don't like how Mexico plays, I never have.

We're out of town for the weekend, but I'm looking forward to catching some highlights when we get home.

MattDaddy7
Colonel
Colonel

"Kudo's"?? LOL! : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  X_Drunk_Gamer_X Sat 12 Jun - 10:29:04

MattDaddy7 wrote:Yes definately excited about the world cup. I grew up playing soccer year round and would still be playing now if I had the time. I have to go for the US # 1, I don't expect them to win, but they should make a good showing, especially in the group they're in. Brazil is maybe my #2 and my favorite team to watch play. Then whoever after that, I'll watch for the great players. I don't like how Mexico plays, I never have.

We're out of town for the weekend, but I'm looking forward to catching some highlights when we get home.
nice!
i just finished watching argentina1 nigeria 0 game and what a goal by heinze!
south korea also won 2-0 versus greece
and imo usa vs england i think it'll be a tough match for usa but i think england will win Smile
can't wait to see spain play they are sooo strong right now.
i grew up playing soccer(or futbol as we call it) i'm hispanic Wink
X_Drunk_Gamer_X
X_Drunk_Gamer_X
LT.
LT.

"Kudo's"?? LOL! : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  aero60 Mon 14 Jun - 14:38:51

It's great to hear that you guys are soccer fan...
Well, I'm Korean (South) so my #1 team is S. Korea.
Then England, Dutch, and so on...
I watched the first Korean game, it was great...I was jumping cause I was so happy.
Next match will be against Argentine, and I'm sure Korean team will show their capability...
aero60
aero60
Colonel
Colonel

"Kudo's"?? LOL! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post  corpix Tue 15 Jun - 20:50:02

I don't normally watch it, but I was going to give it a go this time. I turned on a game, heard the constant bee buzzing noise, turned it off. I won't be watching world cup this year.
corpix
corpix
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  aero60 Tue 15 Jun - 21:02:56

Yeah,,,I hear you corpix...
That bubu something is really annoying.
I don't mind if they blow for a Goal, but they blow all the time... Evil or Very Mad
They should ban that thing for the game.
Almost every people is complaining about it except S. Africans.....
aero60
aero60
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  MattDaddy7 Wed 16 Jun - 12:28:05

I thought that they did end up banning it. Did they not?

MattDaddy7
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  MattDaddy7 Thu 24 Jun - 8:26:31

So the United States, Argentina, and South Korea have made it out of group play. Argentina's looking pretty strong, and the US got extremely lucky on that post last minute goal. Hopefully they'll step up, and maybe even get some help from the refs for a change?

Do you think they're getting the bad calls because of how other countries feel about us right now? A little political and not just about the game? Could that have any influence on it?

MattDaddy7
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  rcrscott29 Thu 24 Jun - 9:05:46

MattDaddy7 wrote:Do you think they're getting the bad calls because of how other countries feel about us right now? A little political and not just about the game? Could that have any influence on it?

I'd like to think that would never happen but I can't help but wonder the same thing. I mean I've been seeing allot of bad officiating throughout the World Cup however nothing compares to what the USA has had to deal with.
We'll see if it continues. Hopefully not.

Hopefully the US is going to step it up some though. Giving up these early goals is killing us. If you really think about it though the US maybe hasn't struggled as bad as it looks... I mean we had the group won and were advancing for sure if that goal against Slovenia had not been dissallowed and then we wouldn't have even been put into the situation we were in again Algeria.

Matt are you watching any of the games or just following it thru the news? Did you play as a kid?
Anyone else here a former soccer player from their youth?
I played all thru my youth, all the way thru high school before then switching to hockey. My son now plays (along with his racing) as a goalie on a club team.
After high school I wouldn't even watch soccer but having my son in it now for the last 3 years has really resprked my interest. I'm really enjoying the World Cup and not just the USA games either.... but of course that's who I'm cheering for.

USA USA USA!!!!
rcrscott29
rcrscott29
Colonel
Colonel

"Kudo's"?? LOL! : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  MattDaddy7 Thu 24 Jun - 11:47:24

Actually, I'm not watching any games unfortunately. We don't have cable tv, so don't get ESPN. I've been watching the live updates through my phone though, so it's like I'm watching.

My older sister started playing when I was 2, so I started right away. I played until I was about 22, then the babies became a little too active for my wife to handle on the sidelines. I've played a season or two since and would like to again, but I don't think my body can handle it anymore. I was too hard on it during my playing days.

My oldest son is 7 and has played a couple of seasons so far, so we'll see... Maybe I can love the coaching side just as much as the playing side. (maybe).

MattDaddy7
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  rcrscott29 Thu 24 Jun - 12:48:58

I coached my younger brother many many moons ago and it was fun.
I would coach my son now if I didn't race on the weekends. I do try and spend some 1 on 1 time coaching him though. We usually go to his practices about 30 minutes early so I can work with him first. But now that he's on the club team he's got a coach thats much better than me. We have him going to private goalie training once a week now to.

You know there is an adult league in Corona though over my way, you could always consider that. I've thought about it many times but just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Of course playing soccer again would potentially take away some valuable MW2 time. lol affraid
rcrscott29
rcrscott29
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  MattDaddy7 Thu 24 Jun - 13:34:00

Who's you son's goalie coach? His name's not Jason is it?

The adult league in Riverside plays on Sunday morning's which don't work for me. I've played indoor at big league dreams Sunday nights before and might try that again, but it's still not the same. My career may be over, at least for a bit. We'll see.

MattDaddy7
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  rcrscott29 Thu 24 Jun - 14:14:08

Off hand I don't know the guys name, he's a friend of the club coach and he also coache's another club team and an adult team. We just started with him last week, my wife set it up.

Indoor soccer eh? Man I haven't done that in a looooong time.
Is that the Big League Dreams off Etiwanda/Jurupa in Mira Loma? I remember seeing an indoor field there.
If you ever get back to playing some indoor let me know and maybe I'll join ya.

affraid now thats a scary thought. Very Happy
rcrscott29
rcrscott29
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum